Events for your group
We run bespoke Creative and Wellbeing Groups in Scotland and Online
Blair will run your creative event and workshops such as in communities, organisations & online using Zoom
The D+P Studio run wellbeing, creative and art sessions and workshops for any age groups in central Scotland, in a variety of settings such as online by Zoom, schools, youth groups, care homes, businesses, meditation groups, charitable and community organisations. Would you be interested in creative sessions that are fun, relaxing and nurture the wellbeing and personal development and expression of your group?
The arts are inspiring, joyful and enchanting – for everyone – they encourage many health and community benefits and bring people together. Blair leads our groups and his focus is always on the groups and individuals we work with to creatively express themselves, increase confidence and participation, and so no experience is needed to take part.
Please contact us to ask about a creative bespoke project.
In the last fifteen years we have worked with individuals as well as different agencies & organisations such as:
- schools for instance Hamilton College and Largs Academy
- Glasgow City Council & Glasgow Life
- community centres
- in beautiful areas such as the Japanese Garden at Cowden, and the Cairngorms National Park
- mindfulness and meditation groups
- groups with learning difficulty and disability
- partnering with registered charities such as North United Communities and G15 Youth Project
- funding partners such as Creative Scotland, Glasgow CAN, Wheatley Foundation & Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation
We have enthusiastically created bespoke projects, some examples are:
- de-stress doodling and drawing with poetry and relaxation, for a women’s group in England
- urban art, graffiti and mural work with young people in North Glasgow
- Japanese calligraphy demonstration and workshop for a large Japanese company, hosted in Edinburgh
- set up an after school art club for young people in Clydebank
- Zen practice and calligraphy working with social business LOVE Group
- Japanese Stampmaking workshop for Japanese Garden in Cowden
- outdoor painting and environmental art workshops, with Hamilton College
- summer art programme with Centre 81 including 3D work such as using clay, and joint murals
- publication of collaborative art book ‘Future’ – creative writing, art and design with people with learning disability in East of Glasgow
Blair Thomson is a skilled and versatile artist who has exhibited widely (from U.K. to U.S. to Japan) and tutored many individuals and groups since graduation in 2002. At Glasgow School of Art he was traditionally trained in drawing and painting, before going on to study various approaches with other teachers. He has curated exhibitions and been part of public exhibition selection, so he has a wealth of experience to tap into.
Moreover Blair is a kind listener and always enjoys helping others with their artwork. You will feel safe to confide in him about your interests and any worries or uncertainty you have. Any questions you have or guidance you need, Blair will help you.